PLUS Hostel Florence
A party hostel with a touch of luxury. Offering both indoor and outdoor pools, an on-site spa with a sauna and a Turkish bath! You can also enjoy a great panoramic terrace and a restaurant bar with great pizza and happy hour, and even regular DJ's. A great place to truly enjoy your visit to Florence.
Average dorm price: 9.0 €
💃 Club inside
🏊♂️ Swimming pool
🥇 Best party hostel
Tasso Hostel Florence
A hostel with a great alternative and vibrant atmosphere that also prides itself with promoting local and international artists, from musician to fashion designers, poets or filmmakers. The hostel and staff embrace creative expression and facilitate exchange of ideas. With parties every weekend (Thursday to Sunday), poetry readings, live music, markets and much more. A unique experience for a unique city!
Average dorm price: 19.0 €
🍹 Nice bar inside
🤝 Social hostel
🗓️ Daily activities
Hostel Archi Rossi Florence
A more laid-back place but still social. With free breakfast and free walking tours where you can meet fellow travellers. You can then chill out with them at the cosy common room, garden or a terrace where you can enjoy the sunset with an Italian beer. Plus, there's air con!
Average dorm price: 21.0 €
🤝 Social hostel
Bigallo Hostel Florence
Amazing social hostel located in a former monastery from the 13thcentury. Highly recommended for groups and backpackers. The hostel features a cool common area with drinks and amazing terrace where regular live music performances are organized. There is also a massive garden, picnic area and awesome courtyard where you can chill with other guests.
Average dorm price: 22.0 €
🤝 Social hostel
🗓️ Daily activities
Hostel 7 Santi
Lively social hostel with cool on-site café always crowded with travellers and locals. A vibrant bar is hosting regular parties, games nights and other fun events. Common areas with a cosy seating are great social spots where you can bond with other backpackers. The friendly staff is always available and happy to help with any request.
Average dorm price: 9.9 €
Hostel Gallo D'oro
Great social hostel with amazing vibes. There are plenty of great local bars and pubs right next door. The hostel features a nice restaurant and awesome common areas where you can meet other guests. The staff is very helpful and happy to share the best recommendations and tips about the city.
Average dorm price: 19.9 €
What are the Party Hostels in Florence like?
- Best Party Hostels in Florence: PLUS Hostel Florence; Hostel Archi Rossi Florence; Tasso Hostel Florence
- Party hostel style: Party and social hostels
- Craziness level: Not too crazy
- Parties on-site: Yes, including pool parties
- Pub Crawls: Yes
Florence is not a crazy party city, although it does still have some fun in it. The party hostels here don’t get as crazy as in other European cities, but one of them has a rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and a bar, so it does get lively in summer with tons of travellers. The other hostels are very social and have a great atmosphere that invites to meet other travellers and explore Florence’s nightlife. Keep reading for tips to impress your travel mates!
Nightlife in Florence
When we think about Florence, we think about the Renaissance, timeless art, long and interesting history and a city covered by old and beautiful buildings and monuments. But Florence is also a very famous student city, even more, an art student city. This makes the nightlife colourful, vibrant and cheap. From cheap aperitivos eaten with Toscan wine to huge nightclubs hosting international DJs, not forgetting exquisite cocktails on cool hipster bars.
Basic information about nightlife in Florence:
Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 03:00 am – Weekends at 03:00 am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 04:00 am – Weekends at 04:00 am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from 10€ to 20€ (incl. drink)
- Average price of pint of beer: 14€
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying: Piazza Santa Croce, Piazza Santo Spirito and Piazza Michellangelo
Best Party Areas in Florence
Florence is quite a small city, so the party areas are quite close to each other. Italians are also famous for really enjoying the outdoors, so bars and terraces are all around the city centre, and the streets are always filled with people just strolling.
The most famous party area, for both tourists and locals alike, is around Piazza Santa Croce. Restaurants, pubs and clubs fill the Via de' Benci on both sides, starting very close to the Ponte alle Grazie and continuing along the Via Giuseppe Verdi until arriving to the Piazza Santa Croce.
On the other side of the river, around the Piazza Santo Spirito, we can find a less touristy option. This is the area you want to be for the aperitivo. From around 19:30, the area and its many bars and terraces get filled with locals that use aperitivo to eat cheap and pre-drink before hitting the clubs.
Not far from there we can find the Piazza Michelangelo. Situated on top of a hill, the square offers an amazing view of Florence, making it a very popular spot for summer nights, where both local and tourists climb the long and steep stairs loaded with wine or beers to admire the city and enjoy street performers providing nice atmosphere music. Concerts are also staged here regularly.
Bars and aperitivo in Florence
A great way to start your party night in Florence is to go for aperitivo. Mostly in buffet style, you pay a drink (between 5 to 10 eur) and you can eat as much as you want. A cheap and delicious option for diner before going to dance the night off. Here are is our recommendation for the best aperitivo in Florence:
- Enoteca Baldovino. A typical tavern from Florence where you can savour great wines, different types of cheese and salads. In Via San Giuseppe.
- Casa del Vino , in Via del Ariento, near the central Market. A winery offering a Good selection of Chianti, the typical wine for the region of Toscana.
- Le Volpi and L’ Uve in Piazza de’ Rossi is another great option for trying wines from the region with a great selection of cheese and cured meat.
- And last but not least, the famous taberna Negroni , in Via dei Renai, open since 1920 and still being a traditional spot for reunion for young locals. Elegant and modern atmosphere but fun.
Pubs, Clubs and Discos
Clubs in Florence are special, and some of them serve as a one-for-everything kind of establishment. They offer aperitivo before 11 pm, when they turn into a full club where you can dance until 4 am. We recommend you here the best clubs in Florence to have fun.
- Club Twice . A nice wine bar in the afternoon and a bustling hip hop and funk club in the evening. Free entry and open until 4 am. Via Giusepe Verdi
- Club Yab. One of the most famous clubs in Florence, it provides a stylish and glamorous atmosphere and it is always really busy. In the afternoon they offer diner on a romantic setting, while later in the evening you can dance to top charts. Via de Sassetti.
- Space Electronic . Another hip hop and R&B club that also offers Karaoke on weekends and get quite busy. Via Palazzuolo.
- Central Park. Club with a long history in the city and with a great open air area for the hot summer nights, where locals and international students dance to different kind of music. Via Fosso del Macinante.
Dress codes & age restrictions
Most clubs in Florence will let you in as long as you are over 18 years old, are not too drunk and dress relatively well. There is no strict dress code in the clubs, but some might not let you in with jeans, sneakers and a plain T-shirt. With jeans, a button down shirt and black runners you might get in in almost every club. In any case, check with the staff in your hostel and ask for the specific place you’d like to go to.
Other cool party destinations nearby
Check out other party destinations with party hostels: