What are the Party Hostels in Rome like?
Rome has one of the most diverse lists of party hostels, and there is never a shortage of fun-filled and crazy parties that are sure to make your nightlife very eventful. Actually, Rome is home of a world-famous party hostel, often listed as one of the best party hostels in Europe.
The Yellow in Rome might be one of the best party hostels in Europe, but the other party hostels in Rome are also making a name of themselves. Offering everything from live music, social events, jam sessions, crazy drinking games and parties that go on well into the night. While hostels in other cities like Amsterdam and Tokyo are a bit commonplace, Rome party hostels are pocket-friendly and eventful, with enough on-site cocktail hotspots and nightclubs to ensure you never get bored.
- Best Hostels in Rome for partying: The Yellow in Rome, Alessandro Palace Hostel and Bar
- Best hostels in Rome for solo travellers: The Yellow in Rome
- Party hostel style: Party hostel
- Hostel craziness level: wild party hostels
- Parties on-site: Bar and parties onsite
- Hostel organised Pub Crawls: No
Best Area To Stay in Rome for Nightlife
Rome Nightlife is spread across many different areas, two of the most notorious being Testaccio and Trastevere. However, the hostel options are not great in these areas, as most hostels are located closer to downtown. So, if you really want to enjoy Rome’s nightlife to its fullest, we recommend you to book a night in one of party hostels in our list.
You will meet other like-minded people to go out with and discover the wild party of Rome.
📍Best Party hostel in Rome: The Yellow in Rome
Rome Party GuideAs in many other Italian cities, Romans start their night out with an aperitivo. Then move to a more relaxed place for some pre-drinking and then heading to one of the massive nightclubs. But do be advise, try to have a clear idea of the night club you are going to and be there before midnight, or you might need to queue for some time.
Basic information about nightlife in Rome:
- Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 02:00 am – Weekends at 02:00 am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 04:30 am – Weekends at 04:30 am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from 10€ to 20€ ( incl. drink)
- Average price of a pint of beer: 4.95€
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying: San Lorenzo, Piazza Navona, Trastevere
- Famous events or parties: Lungo il Tevere: Estate – 5 th of June
Rome Nightlife Areas
As mentioned earlier, nightlife in Rome is spread across different areas of the city, so where to go will depend on the kind of experience you are looking for. The busiest night in Rome is in Trastevere, while if you are looking for nightclubs you’d better head to Testaccio. The university area is San Lorenzo and Piazza Navona is another great area to start your night.
Nightlife in Trastevere
If you want to discover the typical party scene in Rome, you need to make your way to Trastevere and wander around. This is one of the areas that give you all the best Rome has to offer. You’re looking at a predominantly international crowd and a flurry of activity both day and night.
- Best 3 bars in Trastevere
- Big Star: Trastevere allows you to have the most electric kind of night fun, with inexpensive social events offered in a rather lively atmosphere. If you are looking to mingle with the locals, then you can make your way to the Big Star. This nightclub has more of a local vibe, with live concerts and some classic rock.
- Freni Frizioni: Freni Frizioni should be at the top of your list if you are a cocktail junkie. It is also pretty lively, especially on summer nights, so if you want a bit of jig, then the Frizioni is a good place to start.
- Bar San Calisto: Finally, the Bar San Calisto winds up this list with its mixture of cost efficiency and overall charm. It fills its doors with diverse cultures from all corners, has inexpensive cocktails and drinks and it has a party atmosphere. If you want a chance to interact and mingle with people from all walks of life, then the San Calisto will not disappoint.
Nightlife in Testaccio
If you want to go clubbing, this is your place to go. The best nightclubs in Rome are in Testaccio. On Thursdays, it gets full of Erasmus from all over Europe. The atmosphere is quite vibrant and energetic.
- Best 3 nightclubs in Testaccio
- Akab: Founded in 1992, Akab is of of the classics of Rome’s night. Hosting regularly soul, funk, R&B/Rap, rock and house nights.
- Radio Londra: Rome’s temple for House music. In here you can find a bit more alternative crowd enjoying some good quality funky, house and old school electro.
- Caruso Café de Oriente: A night club with different floors where there is normally latino and salsa music playing. They organise also themed parties and live music from Latin American bands.
Nightlife in San Lorenzo
San Lorenzo is near the Universitat La Sapienza, and its the main student nightlife area of Rome. The atmosphere is modern, lively and informal. The area is full of bars, restaurants and pubs full of students and young people having a few drinks and sharing a good time. The area also offers many art galleries, cultural centres and jazz clubs with live music.
- Where to go out in San Lorenzo:
- Victoria Monkey: a famous clubs with a subtle pub vibe mixed with social events like board games that encourage mingling.
- Ex Dogana: A more party-focused club. Here you will be treated to drinking games, live music, art exhibitions, and various top-class club events.
- There are various other options, with wine bars spread out along the streets, and you can even try out the Blackmarket San Lorenzo: , a nightclub that also ranks up there with the best of them.
Nightlife in Piazza Navona
Perhaps only second to Monte Testaccio in terms of vibrancy and diversity, Piazza Navona is just as intense at night as it is in the daytime. The excitement becomes palpable at night as winding streets of Navona turn into beautifully lit pathways to trendy bars and stylish nightclubs.
- If you find yourself in these alleys, then make your way to the Pantaleo . Preparations usually begin at around 7 pm, so if you want a great place to sample some unique cocktails, or socialize, or if you are looking for a vast selection of exotic wines, this is it.
- If you want something a bit more subtle, then you can visit the Etabli . This bar is more laid back, with a fireplace and a comfortable lounge where you can sip on your cocktail while having a deep conversation with your friends.
- Finally, if you are looking for a good place to start your night out, stroll down to Bar Del Fico: . What it lacks in vigour it makes up for in wine selection, good music, and overall appeal.
Dress code & age restriction for bars and clubs in Rome
Italians are famous for being elegant and even men take very good care of their appearance. So, as you can imagine, the dress code for most night clubs is quite strict. The general idea is that you have to dress to impress. Shoes for guys are a must and you will probably not get in with sneakers almost in any nightclub.