Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Downtown
Fun and friendly hostel with a busy on-site bar offering free beer every night. Great rooftop terrace with a great view. Chill-out floor with a pool table and a foosball. Regular activities like free nightly pub crawl, free walking tours, quiz nights and more.
🥇 Best party hostel
🗓️ Daily activities
🍹 Nice bar inside
Central Backpackers Hostel - Old Quarter
Lively and fun hostel with daily parties, pub crawls and happy hours (with free beer!). Great common room and a nice rooftop bar, as well as on-site restaurant with Western style dishes. Free walking tour of the Old Quarter and free breakfast.
🤝 Social hostel
🤪 Crazy parties
🍹 Nice bar inside
Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel
You will definitely enjoy its on-site bar and nightclub. Besides, you can join an amazing hot tub party and get free beer at their happy hour everyday. Or you can make friends in the games room. There are a lot of daily activities to choose from.
Average dorm price: 5.25 €
🤪 Crazy parties
💃 Good for clubbing
🍹 Nice bar inside
Babylon Garden Hostel
Free beer everyday - drink as much as you can! They organize crazy parties regularly. You can chill in the movie room or in the hot tub. If you are up for some drinks and fun you can visit its on-site bar or even nightclub!
Average dorm price: 5.85 €
🤪 Crazy parties
💃 Club inside
🍹 Nice bar inside
What are the Party Hostels in Hanoi like?
The party hostels in Hanoi are proper party hostels with a fun and lively atmosphere, and they will ensure that your experience in Hanoi is truly unforgettable. From walking tours and pub crawls, to wild daily parties and organised social events, these hostels will provide everything you need for crazy time in this beautiful city. They are energetic and social, so you'll be able to meet other enthusiastic travellers who are ready to party right alongside you! The staff here are friendly and approachable, and they will guide you through some of Hanoi's best nightlife hotspots.
- Best Hostels in Hanoi for partying: Vietnam Backpackers Hostel, Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel, Babylon Garden Hostel
- Best hostels in Hanoi for solo travellers: Vietnam Backpackers Hostel
- Party hostel style: Party hostel
- Hostel craziness level: Proper party hostels
- Parties on-site: Bar and parties onsite
- Hostel organised Pub Crawls: Yes
Best Area To Stay in Hanoi for Nightlife
If you're keen to party hard in Hanoi and make the most of the city’s nightlife, you'll want to stay somewhere near all the action. Old Quarter is the best option, as it's where most of Hanoi’s nightlife is concentrated and it’s home to many of the hottest clubs, bars and restaurants in the city. The area is busy and lively, so you'll no doubt have a fantastic time staying here.
📍Best Party hostel in Old Quarter: Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel
Hanoi Party Guide
Hanoi's nightlife is lively and energetic. The city is extremely diverse, so you can find every kind of venue, from lounge bars to trendy clubs. Hanoi caters to every sort of party goer, whether you want the high-society treatment, or a more casual, street food/drink experience. There are even an array of fantastic backpacker spots for the more adventurous type. Hanoi is the perfect place to let loose and enjoy an ice-cold Bia Hoi—a local Vietnamese draft beer that is beloved by locals and enjoyed almost everywhere in the city. But make sure you start your party early, as most of the bars in Hanoi close at 1am, and clubs stay open only until 3am.
Basic information about nightlife in Hanoi:
- Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 00:00 am – Weekends at 01:00 am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 03:00 am – Weekends at 03:00 am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from 0€ to 10€ (not incl. drink)
- Average price of a pint of beer: 0.50€
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying: the Old Quarter, The West Lake, Historical centre
- Famous events or parties: Keo Pagoda Festival – Spring period: 4th day of 1st lunar month; Autumn period: 13th-15th day of 9th lunar month (main event)
Hanoi Nightlife Areas
There are three key party areas if you're keen on having a spectacular Hanoi nightlife experience: Old Quarter, the West Lake and the Historical centre. These areas have an excellent range of venues to check out.
Nightlife in the Old Quarter
The Old Quarter is the place to go if you want a wild time. You'll find the glitziest, craziest bars and clubs here, and are sure to have an incredible time. Bia Hoi Junction, sitting in the centre of the Old Quarter, is where much of the area's best nightlife is concentrated. It can get extremely busy, and is popular with locals, tourists and backpackers looking to party all day and night. There's a wide selection of street food to choose from, and you can try out some affordable Bia Hoi. Hundreds of party goers sit on plastic stools drinking beer, so there'll be many opportunities to socialize. The frenetic, carnival atmosphere is sure to keep you entertained until the early hours of the morning.
- Best bars in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Factory 47: This bar has an industrial, hipster design and attracts a young, sociable crowd. Open until 3am, this bar will keep the party going for as long as you need.
- 1900 Le Theatre: Located on the bustling Ta Hien Street (known by tourists and locals as "Beer Street"), this burlesque-themed bar plays loud EDM music and hip-hop. It gets pretty busy on weekends and closes at 1 am.
- Legend Beer Hanoi: Overlooking the Old Quarter, this bar specializes in different kinds of beers, lagers, dark stouts and German dishes. With a balcony overlooking the beautiful city, this is a great place to visit if you want to relax and have fun simultaneously.
Nightlife in The West Lake
This trendy area is where a lot of stylish expats and Vietnamese locals frequent. The crowd here tends to be a bit maturer, and the prices for everything are a little higher. Chic bars and restaurants are scattered here, primarily on the east side of the lake. This area is known for its higher-end venues that attract a more affluent crowd. There's no need to feel excluded, however. While the prices tend to be quite lofty, there are some affordable options as well. The best way to get to and from this district is to use Uber.
- Best bars in The West Lake
- Standing Bar: Definitely one of the trendiest, most stylish bars in the area, Standing Bar is a double-story venue overlooking a beautiful lake. The bar serves 16 different craft beers, as well as tapas.
- Sunset Bar: Built on an artificial island in the middle of the West Lake, this unique, opulent bar is sure to impress. It is accessible through a torch-lit bridge and has a gorgeous view of the picturesque lake. It offers a more quiet, relaxed atmosphere, so it's a great place to take a bunch of friends and enjoy signature cocktails and imported beers.
- Hero: One of the most popular clubs in Hanoi, this venue has the perfect ratio of tourists and locals. The walls here are covered with an interesting mix of superhero murals and propaganda posters. The drinks are affordable, and closing time is 3am.
Nightlife in Historical Centre
The Historical centre, spanning from the northern end of Hoàn Kim Lake to Tran Hung Dao street, is packed with high-end restaurants, lounges, bars and clubs and is a generally posher area. It's known for its Opera House and attracts many rich Vietnamese locals and tourists. It's also known for its stylish, hip venues and upbeat atmosphere. It has a variety of unique venues, as well as a ton of delicious restaurants to refuel at while you're partying. High-society Vietnamese locals frequent this area, so be prepared to party in style!
- Best bars in Hanoi’s Historical Centre
- Tadioto: Considered by many to be one of the best bars in Hanoi, Tadioto is owned by an influential Vietnamese artist. This is reflected in the experimental, Bohemian atmosphere of the venue. It's a must-visit for those who want a more eclectic experience.
- The Bank: Currently one of the biggest nightclubs in Hanoi, The Bank offers a trendy, vibrant atmosphere to let loose in! It has three venues that play a variety of energetic top 40 hits, hip-hop and house music to keep you partying late into the night.
Dress code & age restriction for bars and clubs in Hanoi
Dress codes vary depending on where you're partying, so it's best to check out the Facebook page of whatever venue you plan on visiting. For more upscale venues, however, it's best to dress on the fancier side.