What are the Party Hostels in Chicago like?
- Best Hostels in Chicago for partying: Freehand Chicago Hostel, HI Chicago Hostel, Wrigley Hostel Chicago
- Best hostels in Chicago for solo travellers: Wrigley Hostel Chicago
- Party hostel style: Social Party Hostels
- Hostel craziness level: fairly crazy
- Parties on-site: Bar onsite
- Hostel organised Pub Crawls: Yes
Chicago's Party Hostels are quite social and will allow you to meet other likeminded travellers to experience the vibrant nightlife of the city. They will give you the chance to feel the unique pulse of the city and enjoy its many nighttime offerings. You'll have an amazing experience with fellow travellers, who are also thrilled to party in this thriving hotspot. The vibe here is fun, and the nights are bound to get crazy! Socialising is easy, and there are countless opportunities to meet new, interesting people as you party in Chicago. The staff are friendly and easy-going, and they will make sure that your stay is wild and care-free. From pub crawls to jazz clubs, you'll experience a wide array of the city's best nightlife spots. The staff at your local hostel will be able to guide you toward the best venues in the city and ensure that your visit here is a truly unforgettable one.
Best Area To Stay in Chicago for Nightlife
If you want to truly enjoy Chicago’s Nightlife, River North is the best place to stay, as it's definitely a key party area in Chicago. It's home to many great clubs and bars, so you'll be within walking distance to all of them. It's stylish, trendy and filled to the brim with some of the city's hottest venues.
📍Best Party hostel in River North: Freehand Chicago Hostel
Chicago Party Guide
Chicago’s nightlife is regularly listed within the best in the US. Birthplace of Chicago-style Jazz and House music , it is a city that knows how to let loose and party. It has a vibrant, diverse nightlife and is undeniably an incredible party destination. There's absolutely no chance you'll run out of exciting places to party during your visit. While the city has something for everyone, it is known for its neighbourhood bars, as opposed to big nightclubs. Dive bars, cocktail lounges and jazz clubs, in particular, are some of the city's best venues. Local and international DJs and artists frequent venues, so keep an eye out for them. The vibe is exciting and upbeat, and the locals are just as enthusiastic. They are friendly and will ensure that you have an incredible time in one of America's hottest cities. While the people here are fun and relaxed, dress codes still apply. It's important to dress the best that you can so you can get into the hottest clubs.
Basic information about nightlife in Chicago:
- Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 02:00 am – Weekends at 04:00 am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 02:00 am – Weekends at 05:00 am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from 10€ to 20€ incl. drink)
- Average price of a pint of beer: 5.40 €
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying: River North, Logan Square, Uptown Chicago, Wrigleyville
- Famous events or parties: St. Patrick’s Day – 17 th of March
Chicago Nightlife Areas
River North is one of Chicago's main party destinations, as it's where much of the nightlife is concentrated; however, there are other great areas that are just as exciting. For instance, Logan Square, Uptown and Wrigleyville all have a variety of incredible clubs and bars to explore.
Nightlife in River North
River North is one of Chicago's key nightlife areas and is an amazing party destination. It has an impressive number of trendy, energetic venues. Stylish lounges, contemporary cocktail bars and pulsing dance clubs can be found in abundance. Hubbard Street, in particular, has a range of excellent bars to visit. You can find a wide variety of people here, from students and locals to tourists. The vibe here can get pretty crazy, both on weekdays and weekends. If you want to experience the full range of what Chicago nightlife has to offer, definitely give this area a visit.
- Andy's Jazz Club and Restaurant: Home to some of Chicago's most respected Jazz musicians, this joint provides a cosy, intimate environment where you can enjoy a delicious meal and impressive cocktails.
- DISCO: This lively retro-themed club has inventive cocktails, rotating DJs and a LED dance floor. Reminiscent of 1970s New York and Paris, this stylish little club will allow you to party through time.
- Hubbard Inn: Elegant, opulent and rustic: these three words perfectly describe this European-influenced pub.
- Berkshire Room: The decor here is inspired by 1920s-1950s cocktail bars and offers a variety of unique cocktails.
Nightlife in Logan Square
In recent years, Logan Square has earned a reputation of being a trendy nightlife hotspot through its booming atmosphere and vibrant culture. Known for arcade bars and stylish clubs, this area is sure to keep you entertained. It's also known for having many venues that are open until 4 am. Because of its generally late closing hours, Logan square is a popular spot to visit after you've been to a party, or if you want to keep the fun going until the early hours of the morning. This, along with its wild party culture and patrons, sets it apart from other party destinations in Chicago.
- East Room: A relatively contemporary club that opens until the wee hours of the morning, East Room is a great place to visit if you want tasty cocktails and a wild party atmosphere.
- Logan Arcade: Located in the back of what used to be a vintage arcade museum, this bar incorporates many of the arcade machines of its past to create an exciting party atmosphere in dazzling neon lights.
Nightlife in Uptown Chicago
Uptown Chicago, located on the North end of Chicago, is a lively area, with a more rustic and simple feel. The atmosphere is chilled-out and jazzy; however, the venues are just as exciting as anywhere else in the city. It has a variety of fun options, from traditional jazz clubs to old-timey honkey-tonks. While it may not have the fancy cocktail bars that you'll see in the rest of Chicago, it has enough charm and verve to keep you hooked.
- The Green Mill: Famous gangsters such as Al Capone used to frequent this jazz club in the 1920s. Gangsters don't visit anymore, but the atmosphere is just as wild it once was.
- The Bar on Buena: This rustic, comfortable little bar offers 23 beers on tap and 10 different wines. It also has a huge TV which frequently shows different sports from across the city.
Nightlife in Wrigleyville
Wrigleyville is a nightlife hub in its own right, Home to the historic baseball park Wrigley Field, it offers undeniable charm and a unique party atmosphere that is sure to impress. Wrigleyville truly comes alive when the Cubs, one of Chicago’s two Major League Baseball teams, are playing; but even in the offseason, it maintains its irresistible enthusiasm for fun. This area is also known for having a ton of great food to enjoy while you're out partying. The energy here is intense and upbeat, and while the clubs and bars may not be as trendy as those in River North, the partying gets just as wild!
- Cubby Bear: Popular amongst Cub fans, this bar is bound to get rowdy when the game begins. This is a great place to party with the locals in a fun, authentic environment.
- Sluggers World Class Sports Bar and Grill: With 30 HD TVs and 6 projection screens, this bar is another great place to experience local sports culture while partying hard. It also has batting cages, air-hockey and skee ball for the more adventurous type.