Whole Wide World Hostel and Bar
The beautiful hostel has easy access to some of the town's major tourist and nightlife attractions. It has amazing in-house party events that include karaoke nights, pub quiz and beer pong tournaments and other fun events every day of the week. It offers the cheapest pub crawl in town. The hostel has three floors, a bar that serves till midnight after which travellers are generally taken outdoors on nightly fun activities. Staff are nice and guest socialising is strongly emphasised.
Average dorm price: 9.8 €
🥇 Best party hostel
🍹 Nice bar inside
🗺️ Great location to party
Chillout Hostel Zagreb
This amazing hostel features a lively bar with daily themes and live DJs. The restaurant serves traditional food. One can hang out with fellow travellers all night at the bar. The hostel organises fun activities like free walking tours of the city, karaoke and movie nights, theme nights and pub crawls to encourage mingling amongst travellers. There is a huge park to chill out at right next to the building. In spring and in summer, the outdoor terrace is opened for guests.
Average dorm price: 10.59 €
🤪 Crazy parties
🍹 Nice bar inside
🗺️ Great location to party
The hostel offers a beautiful lounge bar that serves delicious drink (rakija shots and Croatian beer are a special attraction) at affordable prices. The atmosphere is musical, relaxed and the staff are very friendly. The common areas have comfortable sofas and hammocks to relax in. To encourage guest socialising, the hostel organises nightly activities like uno night, movie night, alternative tours of the city, poker night, shisha night and a lot more fun events. Great social atmosphere.
Average dorm price: 9.0 €
🤝 Social hostel
🍹 Nice bar inside
🗓️ Daily activities
- 📍Best Hostel in Zagreb for partying: Chillout Hostel
- 📍Best Hostel in Zagreb for solo travellers: Whole Wide World Hostel
- 📍Best Party hostel in Upper Town: Chillout Hostel Zagreb
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the Best Area To Stay in Zagreb for Nightlife?
If you want to make the most of Zagreb's nightlife, your best bet is to stay in the Upper Town, also known as Gornji Grad. This is the area where you can find the street with the highest concentration of cafes and bars in the whole city: Tkalciceva street. This is where a night out in Zagreb usually starts.
What are the Party Hostels in Zagreb Like?
Not as crazy as other hostels in the Croatian coast, the party hostels in Zagreb are really fun and social. They have regular on-site parties with DJs and even live music sometimes, and their on-site bars are always buzzing. Social events like Karaoke nights, pub crawls and drinking games are also regularly organised.
How Much do Party Hostels in Zagreb Cost?
Dorm prices range from 8€ to 17€ per night, depending on the time of the year. Privates are around 30€ to 40€.
Zagreb Party Guide
Croatia has recently become a popular summer party destination, especially along the coast. However, many travellers have to pass by Zagreb, and they spend 2 or 3 days in the capital before continuing to the coast! As it is typical for capital cities, the nightlife offer here is more varied than on the beach towns. From little dive bars full of locals drinking cheap beer and Rakjia to huge nightclubs serving elaborated cocktails and hosting internationally known DJs and artists.
Even though Zagreb's Nightlife season is from September to June , you can also find pubs and clubs with a lively atmosphere during the summer months. Plus, if you are visiting during the summer, you can enjoy the beach party vibe of Lake Jarun . This lake is south of the city and reachable by tram, and its beaches are sprinkled with cool beach bars and clubs playing international hits. Some of the biggest nightclubs in Zagreb are also around Lake Jarun.
Zagreb Nightlife Areas
Even though you can find cool bars all around Zagreb, the main areas where all nightlife concentrate are the Upper Town (Gornji Grad) , the Lower Town , and Lake Jarun .
Upper Town is basically Zagreb's Old Town . It is the most touristic part of the city, but it is also where most locals go. As can expect from any Old Town, there is a large variety of nightlife venues. From old-fashioned bars mainly filled with locals or music venues with live music to pubs and nightclubs with several dance floors.
The busiest part in the area in the Upper Town is Tkalciceva , a pedestrian street filled with bars and clubs where most locals start their nights.
Another thing to note is the recent development of a craft beer culture in the city, with a great offer of both local and imported craft beers served in different bars. If you are into craft beer, you should definitely head to Opatovina . On this almost pedestrian street, you can find a wide selection of bars that serve many different craft beer brands.
Lower Town is part of the new town , and you should expect more sophisticated and elegant bars, lounges, and clubs. Between Trg Petra Preradovića (also known as Cvjetni Trg) and Bogovićeva , you'll find quite a few bars and cafes with great outdoor areas and terraces. When the weather is good, the area resembles a big outdoor party with everyone having drinks outside until just a bit past midnight, when they move the party somewhere else.
If you are looking to party in massive nightclubs, you'll have to go to Jarun Lake . Here you will find huge nightclubs, most of them with terraces overlooking the lake, as well as beach bars and beach clubs that get really busy during spring and summer months.
Best Bars and Pubs in Zagreb
- Rock Beer Club Alcatraz: right at Tkalciceva street, here you can enjoy both a wild night with dancing and drinking or have a social night with a couple of beers and perhaps new friends.
- SPUNK: located right under the National University Library, this picturesque bar is filled with students enjoying live music and cheap alcohol. The decoration is quite unique, and the club has the walls covered with movie posters and vintage-like paintings. Later at night, it turns into a nightclub.
- Swanky Monkey Garden: cool backpacker bar frequented by locals, travellers and expats in Zagreb. Right in the heart of Zagreb and with a relaxed atmosphere, a great selection of cocktails and cheap drinks, it’s an excellent spot for the beginning of the night.
- Craft Room: from all the breweries and bars along Opatovina street, Craft Room is our pick as the best craft beer pub in Zagreb. Offering a wide selection of beers, with more of 12 beers on tap and more than 150 bottled options. Music and atmosphere is funk, blues and rock.
- Tolkien’s House: quite old pub and one of the classics in Zagreb's night, it offers a wide selection of food and imported drinks and craft beers. With a very creative interior inspired in Tolkien's famous books about Middle Earth.
- Oliver Twist: A lively pub with a wide selection of beers and a massive terrace outside. During summertime, you can enjoy the warm sunshine with a couple of beers and good music.
Best Nightclubs in Zagreb
- Museum Katrán: South-east from the train station (near the FlixBus bus stop), this nightclub has recently become quite popular within the Erasmus crowd in Zagreb. Offering different styles of music every night, it's important to check the theme for the night.
- DEPO: right beside Katrán, this nightclub offers the best house and techno in town. Underground vibe, best music and a fun atmosphere, if you like electronica, you should not miss DEPO.
- History Club: The Erasmus club. One of the craziest nightclubs in Zagreb, with commercial hits and a student crowd, the nights get pretty wild in this club. Located right by Opatovina street, it makes a perfect place to end a night out in Old Town.
- Gallery Club: considered by many as the best nightclub in Zagreb. It caters to a more upscale and elegant crowd, and the door policy can be a bit picky. Right at the Jarun Lake, it is open all year long. It regularly hosts International DJ's of the calibre of David Guetta, Martin Solveig or David Morales.
- Aquarius Klub: Also in Jarun Lake, this is one of the largest clubs in Zagreb, with capacity for more than 2000 people. It is also one of the oldest in all Croatia, as well as one of the first ones to host international DJs.
Useful Info about Zagreb's Nightlife:
- Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 00:00 am – Weekends at 02:00 am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 04:00 am – Weekends at 05:00 am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from 4€ to 7€, about 15€-20€ for famous DJs or artists (not incl. drink)
- Average price of shots: from 1,30 EUR
- Average price of beer: from 1,70 EUR
- Average price of wine: from 1,60 EUR
Dress code & age restriction for bars and clubs in Zagreb
In general, the vibe in Zagreb clubs is rather relaxed and chilled. You'll only find scary bouncers, strict door policies and high-class fashion demands in a few clubs in Zagreb, but they are the exception. Check with the guys at the reception of your hostel to double-check about the place you are planning to go.