What are the Party Hostels in Prague like?
If you are looking to party, Prague is the city for you! This urban landscape is world-renowned for its active nightlife and cheap beer. In addition, as a popular tourist destination, you will be met with an ample amount of pubs and clubs. The fun doesn't have to end after your night out though. Staying in a party hostel in Prague can amplify your experience in Prague.
Prague has plenty of quality locations to choose from, but some are better than others. We recommend not going with the first one you see. Picking a good hostel is important, so read on if you want to know how to pick a party hostel with the most benefits. We will also discuss some great nightlife spots to drink and celebrate. If you want more information on specific hostels, check out our guide on Party Hostels in Prague so you can find the best possible hostel!
- Best Party Hostels in Prague: The MadHouse Prague, Hostel One Prague
- Party hostel style: Crazy Party hostels
- Craziness level: quite crazy parties
- Parties on-site: Bar and Parties onsite
- Pub Crawls: Yes
Why Stay at a Party Hostel in Prague?
People travel for all sorts of reasons. A lot of the time, they want to have good food in a beautiful city, and maybe go to a popular museum or two. Not all people travel in this conventional manner though. Some travellers are looking for more than a place to stay and see the sites. They travel because they want a little excitement, something extra to spice up their lives.
Party Hostels are a great option if you are a little adventurous . They allow you to try something new and meet new people. They are also great for your bank account if you need to save money.
Party hostels are just as cheap as other hostels, but they are equipped with extra amenities. They usually have built-in pubs, provide excursions to nearby clubs, and also host several activities that allow you to meet new friends and party harder. In the process, you might also get a more authentic travelling experience by using these hostels.
Party hostels take you to clubs and pubs used by locals in Prague. By choosing these hostels, you can gain great insight into the nightlife of the city you have travelled to. You wouldn't get this if you stayed in tourist areas. So if this interests you, this kind of accommodation might be the right fit.
How to Find The Right Party Hostel in Prague:
When you are looking for a party hostel in Prague, it might be difficult to do so by looking in the normal hostel booking sites. Hostel don't always advertise themselves as party hostels (although some do), so you need to spend lots of time doing research. By looking at these hostels reviews, you can see if the hostel is, in fact, a party hostel. Reviews should tell you what kind of people stay at the hostel, and what kind of activities are going on in the hostel, what do they mention about atmosphere and activities. But it is still a hit or miss. That's why we created this page, so you can have all the information about the best party hostels in Prague.
Prague Party Guide:
- Pubs and clubs closing times in Prague:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 02:00 am – Weekends at 04:00 am
- Clubs: All days at 06:00 am
- Average cover charge for clubs in Prague: from 3€ to 5€ (might incl. drink)
- Average price of a pint of beer in Prague: 1.18€
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying in Prague: Žižkov, Old Town, New Town
Best Area To Stay in Prague for Nightlife:
Prague consumes the most beer out of any country in the world. So expect to find cheap beer abound and nightlife around every corner. Still, with more pubs and clubs than almost any city in Europe, it can be hard to know which locations are best for a night out. The best spot to stay at during your trip to Prague is definitely Žižkov
📍 Best party hostel in Žižkov: - Hostel One Prague
Prague Old Town Nightlife:
Prague is well known for its cellar bars. When you party in the city you'll find yourself going underground into a cave-like space. This makes for a distinctive experience. In Old Town, also located near the centre of Prague, you can find these dungeon like bars along with many EDM clubs.
Best Bars in Prague Old Town:
- Anonymous Bar is inspired by the movie V for Vendetta. Here you will be served by bartenders wearing the masks from the movie. The bar is atmospheric and dark. It has interesting cocktails, and they light your drinks on fire before serving them.
- Vzorkovna Bar is another bar to check out. It is considered to be the best bar in the city. This cosy little spot is known for its unique setting and food. Some people describe the place as looking like a doomsday bunker. You can sit on hanging couches and bunkbeds and explore the bars many rooms.
- One last place to visit in Old town is Roxy . This club is considered to be a hotspot in Prague. It is also among the oldest clubs in the city. Here you can enjoy an electric night. Well known EDM DJ's frequent this establishment, so you won't be bored at all!
Prague New Town Nightlife:
Also in the city centre of Prague, you will find more conventional clubs and bars. This area is known as New Town. Here you can get fancy cocktails, go to the most exclusive clubs, and lounge in bars. Be warned, this part of town is tourist-heavy though. Establishments here can be overpriced and crowded. Still, you can find great places to party.
Best Bars in Prague New Town:
- Lucerna Music Bar hosts live music with popular European artists on the weekdays. On the weekend, it turns into a popular nightclub. Visit here if you want to dance till the sun comes up.
- Duplex is another New town club. Here you can party on a terrace and enjoy some great views as you guzzle down drinks. Just watch out for prices it can get expensive.
Žižkov Prague Nightlife:
Partying downtown can be fun, but if you want something more underground and unique try going to Žižkov, a neighbourhood considered to be located in a more authentic part of Prague. At this popular party destination the streets are lined with pubs and clubs, and you can experience the celebrated beer culture of Prague and get a taste of Czech nightlife.
Best Bars in Prague Žižkov:
If you are looking for a street to start your journey on, Borivojova should be your first stop . On this road, you will find great pubs with great prices. Most of these places are open late into the night and offer a variety of drinking options.
The fun won't stop here though. Across the street are some well-known party places.
- Palok Acropolis is famous in the area for its wide offerings . This venue has cafes and restaurants to eat at. In the evening though its two upstairs bars open. The building also houses a theatre for DJ's and concerts. Also, don't forget to go to the club on the lower levels. The Acropolis's club is one of the best in the area. This really is a must-visit site for people looking for a good night.
- Storm Club is another great spot to have some boozy fun. This club offers delicious cocktails and a never-ending flow of beer. In this underground club, you can dance the night away with the locals. DJ's from all over the world come here to perform. So you can listen to great music while you enjoy your well-priced drinks!
Overall, this area of Prague has the most bars and clubs of any region in the city. You won't be disappointed with a trip to Žižkov!