What are the Party Hostels in Paris like?
- Best Party Hostels in Paris: St Christopher's Inn Paris - Gare Du Nord; St Christopher's Inn Paris - Canal; Le Village Boutique Hostel
- Party hostels style: Fun and Social hostels
- Craziness level: not too crazy
- Parties on-site: On-site bar and parties
- Pub Crawls: yes
Best Area to Stay in Paris for Nightlife
The best area of Paris to party at night is Le Marais. It is a trendy area with lots of clubs and bars. Even though it is famous for its gay scene, anyone will find something for themselves. You can find some great glamorous, crazy or even kinky places. The balance between craziness and calmness makes it a perfect area for all of the travelers.
- 📍Best Hostel to stay in Le Marais: - Absolute Paris Boutique Hostel
Nightlife in Paris
Besides being one of the most romantic cities in the world, Paris is also a multicultural city with many entertaining places and districts. The beautiful City of Lights is hosting parties for everyone’s pocket. From popular jazz and salsa bars, typical pubs, and cafes, to the vibrant and modern clubs, Paris is the home of literally every single music genre in the world.
Basic information about nightlife in Paris:
- Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 02:00am – Weekends at 05:00am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 04:00am – Weekends at 06:00am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from free to 15€ (not incl. drink)
- Average price of pint of beer: 7€
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying: Le Marais, Latin Quarter, Montmartre, Pigalle, Bastille République and Oberkampf
- Famous events or parties: Rock en Seine - last weekend of August
Party areas in Paris
Party in Le Marais
Well-known as the Jewish district, vibrant Le Marais district has plenty of fun places and events to offer. The area is very popular among the LGBT community, thanks to the great parties and reasonable prices of drinks.
You can start your night in popular Lizard Lounge, have some burgers, beer, and dance until the dawn. For those of you interested in crazy afterparties, CUD Bar is the place. The bar is usually full from the early morning hours when all other clubs in the area are getting closed.
Party in the Latin Quarter
Favourite district of the students and young travellers. The area has many buzzing clubs, bars, and pubs opened until the late-night hours. The prices are perfect for those travelling on a budget. This is the place where you can find the cheapest beer in the city.
Don’t miss to visit famous English pub called Cavern Club, and amazing jazz bar Le Caveau de la Huchette. If you want to try the best cocktails in the area, go to The Long Hop bar.
Party in République and Oberkampf
One of the best party zones in Paris. No matter the day, you can find something going on in one of the cool bars and clubs located in the area. For the past couple of years, République and Oberkampf district turned into the attractive and fun district, a real magnet for electro and hip-hop music fans.
The Le Bric à Brac club is the place where you can enjoy the world’s most famous DJs and performances. You can also check out the originally decorated cocktail bar Favela Chic, and fun BAM Karaoke Box Parimentier club.
Dress codes & age restrictions
Most of the bars and pubs in Paris have simple rules when it comes to dressing code. The casual business outfit would be the best choice if you don’t want to be stopped at the entrance. If you are not sure what you should wear, just go for simple trousers, blazer/jacket, or dress.
Most of the party places in Paris are easy-going when it comes to age restrictions. The minimum age allowed is 16. However, more exclusive clubs have a higher restriction, between 18 and 23 years.