What are the Party Hostels in Mumbai like?
Mumbai doesn’t have proper Party Hostels like some other big Asian cities. However, Mumbai's social hostels will give you the opportunity to meet fellow party-goers who also want to experience the city's unique nightlife to the absolute fullest! The vibe here is fun, and the staff are easygoing. And there's no need to be nervous, as there are plenty of fun activities organised to keep you socialising with people who just want to keep the party going. From nights out to nightclubs to Karaoke nights. These hostels are a hub for endless fun, and their lively, friendly atmosphere will make your night truly unforgettable.
- Best Hostels in Mumbai for partying: Horn Ok Please Hostel, Basti Backpackers Hostel, Zostel Mumbai
- Best hostels in Mumbai for solo travellers: Zostel Mumbai
- Party hostel style: Social hostel
- Hostel craziness level: not too crazy
- Parties on-site: No. Going out to Pubs and Karaoke Nights.
- Hostel organised Pub Crawls: Yes
Best Area To Stay in Mumbai for Nightlife
Mumbai doesn't have one area solely dedicated to nightlife. But Mumbai’s nightlife is exciting, vibrant and intensely social. On any given night, there are a ton of fun activities to take part in. So it's important to be adventurous and explore the offerings in different parts of the city.
The best areas to stay in Mumbai are Andheri East, Bandra and Santacruz. If you want a more quiet, relaxed time to drink and socialise, then Andheri East is definitely the place to stay. There are countless opportunities here to explore and converse with other travellers in a more laid-back environment. If you're looking for a more intense, frenetic experience, however, Bandra is where you want to be. It's a colourful, cosmopolitan and easily accessible part of the city. Santacruz is another great option for those looking to stay somewhere close to the best venues in the city.
📍Best Party hostel in Anheri East: Zostel Mumbai
📍Best Party hostel in Bandra: Horn OK Please Hostel
📍Best Party hostel in Santacruz: Basti - A Backpackers Hostel
Mumbai Party Guide
Mumbai's nightlife offers a variety of unique and exciting options for every kind of traveller. Whether you want something more laid-back and low-key, or something out of this world, there's a place just for you. There are pubs, bars, dance clubs, discos and a slew of fantastic places to eat. The vibe is fun and conversational, and the people are friendly. The city is also frequented by international artists and DJs visiting on worldwide tours. Many of the city's venues are a home to these artists and offer incredible gigs. While the vibe in many places can be quite casual, dress codes are still in place. This means you might want to opt for something a little fancier than shorts and sandals.
Basic information about nightlife in Mumbai:
- Pubs and clubs closing times:
- Bars and pubs: Monday to Thursday until 01:30 am – Weekends at 01:30 am
- Clubs: Monday to Thursday until 03:00 am – Weekends at 03:00 am
- Average cover charge for clubs: from 15€ to 50€ (cost for 2)
- Average price of a pint of beer: 1.00€
- Famous neighbourhoods for partying: Bandra, Colaba, Lower Parel
- Famous events or parties: Ganesh Chaturthi – 22 th of August
Mumbai Nightlife Areas
There are so many exciting and fun places to party in Mumbai that it can be difficult to know where to begin. It will help to know what you want out of Mumbai's nightlife before you arrive. Do you want a relaxed vibe and meaningful conversations with fellow travellers? Or do you want to party like there's no tomorrow? Are you on the lookout for trendy bars and restaurants, or are you in the mood for a nice coffee? Whatever it is that you're after, Mumbai definitely has it. If you're feeling overwhelmed, don't worry. The staff at your hostel will be able to guide you. They'll make sure that you have the best time possible.
Bandra, Colaba and Lower Parel are all great places to visit if you want to explore the city's nightlife. All these areas will offer fun and unique cultural experiences that will make your stay truly unforgettable.
Nightlife in Bandra
Bandra is definitely one of Mumbai's nightlife hubs. It has the highest concentration of nightclubs, pubs, bars and lounges in India. The atmosphere here is unique. While you'll find that the peaceful streets offer a refuge from the bustle of Colaba, the bars and restaurants are just as exciting and wild as anywhere else. The locals have a fun, relaxed attitude and will ensure that you have a great time. There are also countless food and coffee options for when you're feeling peckish or want a break from a night of intense partying.
- Arth: Combines opulence and Bollywood to create a unique aesthetic. The kebabs and Indian food are a must-try. The cocktails are also very creative and include the Old Smokey, made from Whisky and Indian Spices.
- Carter Road Social: Offering both fantastic coffee and exceptional food, this bar is perfect for those wishing to party in the trendiest way possible.
- Hakkasan: Its dimly-lit subdued aesthetic makes it the perfect place to order drinks all night. Its signature cocktails include the Green Destiny and Shisang. Celebrities frequent the place often, so don't be surprised if you spot some familiar faces.
Nightlife in Colaba
Colaba is one of the trendiest places in Mumbai. It's where most visitors go to both chill out and party. Full of vibrant restaurants and bars, Colaba is the perfect area for you to have a wild night out.
- Gokul Bar: This bar is a paradox. It has a dark, brooding aesthetic; however, its crowd is lively and energetic. Its patrons are primarily college students looking for a fun time.
- The Irish House: Resembling a traditional Irish pub, this joint has great music and a fun atmosphere. The drinks are also delicious and affordable.
Nightlife in Lower Parel
Lower Parel is a nighttime hub for young locals who just want to relax and have a few drinks after a hard day of work. This also makes it a fun place for travellers to visit if they want to experience the city's nightlife as the locals do.
- London Taxi: This bar is a paradox. It has a dark, brooding aesthetic; however, its crowd is lively and energetic. Its patrons are primarily college students looking for a fun time.
- Lord of the Drinks: Has the longest island bar in all of Asia. There's also an extremely high bartender-to-drinker ratio, which means you'll never have to wait long for a drink.
- Trilogy: With a beautiful view overlooking the ocean, this gem is the perfect place for a night of intense dancing and delectable cocktails.
Dress code & age restriction for bars and clubs in Mumbai
Although more relaxed than in the past, you should avoid shorts and sandals. Nice clean sneakers or shoes are preferred.